Stucco By Rivera Plastering & Stone, Inc
Why Choose Stucco?
Want to improve your walls and protect them from weather elements? Stucco will do that. Stucco has been used to decorate homes for a long time. In fact, some early forms of stucco date back to ancient Greek and Egyptian times. In those days stucco was made from a combination of limestone, water, and sand, but today we use a modern mixture involving cement. Stucco is popular with homeowners today for many reasons including:
- Durability: Stucco siding is tough, long-lasting and can outlast the elements. It's a great way to protect your home from snow, rain, and other damaging forms of weather.
- Low-Maintenance: Once it's been installed, stucco requires little to no upkeep. There's no need to constantly re-apply or re-finish. You'll save time and money.
- Fire Resistant: Of course, this is a common concern of any homeowner. You can rest assured knowing that stucco is one of the safest types of finish for your home. It's also beneficial in terms of insurance. Many insurance companies provide lower premiums to homes with stucco siding.
- Attractiveness: A stucco wall is classic and will never go out of style. That's why stucco has been around for hundreds of years.
The Best Local Stucco Contractors
Here at Rivera Plastering & Stone, Inc we know stucco. We know everything from traditional to synthetic stucco, and the best methods for application. We're a team of fully trained professionals with the necessary experience in applying stucco material. Whether you're a newbie to stucco or you're already familiar with the product, we'll give you the service you want. We'll work with you to assess your personal needs and offer advice, feedback, and suggestions. When it comes to you and your stucco needs, we're the experts for the job.
How We Do It
Applying stucco is no do-it-yourself job. Incorrect application may lead to cracks and damages that will require repair further down the line. You need the expertise of Rivera Plastering & Stone, Inc and our special multi-step process:
- Research and Prep: Stucco should only be applied under certain conditions. If the temperature outside is too hot, the stucco mix will crack and dry. If the weather is too cold, the mix won't spread properly. We'll ensure that the procedure is only done under proper conditions. Once the ideal temperature is determined, we'll lay down the necessary materials.
- Layering: Stucco cement requires three full layers.
- - The first layer is called the scratch coat and is the foundation for your stucco siding. We take great care of this layer.
- - The second layer is known as the brown coat. This is a slightly thinner layer and is applied smoothly.
- - The third layer is the final layer. We apply this using a trowel and finish with your desired pattern.
- Clean-up: After your new stucco material has finished drying, we finish the job by removing our tools and materials. We always leave your property neat and tidy.
If you think stucco is right for your home, don't hesitate to contact us. We're happy to answer any questions you might have and give you an estimated cost.